Monday, October 23, 2006

Stigmata

This might be my last post, as hypothermia is setting in. Im pretty sure my legs will be turning gang green soon. I drastically underestimated the temperature drop in c-ville, when i was returning home on my bike in a t-shirt and everyone else had parkers on i sensed something wrong. But luckily there was a gas station at the halfway point, and venturing in to seek refuge from the cold for a moment, i couldnt resist buying a sixpack of smirmoff and cigar, just in the off chance that i would survive the journey home and be able to celebrate. So here i sit enjoying my liquor and cigar.

This is my stigmata, it happened at a party the other night. I looked down and the blood was flowing from a wound in the center of my hand, it had stopped flowing by the time i took this photo. I was with some religious people at the time, and they freaked out for a bit. It wasn't new to me though, i have always considered myself the second coming!!

Posted by Picasa
























Returning home from a party, Misael and i were drunk, actually i think it was just me drunk, but we had fun taking a million photographs with our respective flags.












Here is a nice old timey still life. Enjoy.












Quotes: Mr. Burns probably my second favourite simpsons character after Homer, although maybe Moe is my second favourite, i'm not sure

Mr.Burns: Quick Smithers. Bring the mind eraser device!
Smithers:You mean the revolver, sir?
Mr.Burns: Precisely.
***
Burns: Look at that pig. Stuffing his face with donuts on my time! That's right, keep eating...Little do you know you're drawing ever closer to the poison donut! ... There is a poison one, isn't there Smithers?
Smithers: Err...no, sir. I discussed this with our lawyers and they consider it murder.
^^^
Mr.Burns: (To Homer)One more thing...You must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon!
Smithers: Actually sir, we found the jade monkey. It was in your glove compartment.
Mr.Burns: And the road maps, and the driving gloves?!
Smithers: Yes, sir.
Mr.Burns:Then its all falling into place!

Meeting many different people on my trip has been awesome. Some people are amazing, yet you only know them for several hours while you chat in the common room of a hostel. Some people you know a bit longer, and some girls you love and they inspire you, but then leave your life, like the mist clearing in the morning sun. People are destined to leave your life, through their own decision or in a pine box. And i look back on certain people i have known, and i know i will never see again, but yet they seem to comprise a large piece of pie in mind. I just have a few moments of memory with them, and those memories will fade, and so will the people who touched my life so deeply and scracthed a deep mark in my psyche. I will treasure those memories and hope that i will have many more in the future. Epicurus would find strength on his death bed simply by remembering a nice conversation with a friend, -- 'and i will walk and talk in gardens oh with a friend'- says van morrison in sweet thing.
Sometimes i feel sad when i think i will never see some of these incredible people again, but at least i had a few moments with them.

Sometimes you love someone, and the motherfuckers leave you anyway, and it hurts. It really hurts and you cant do anything about it. And i think sometimes that you want to spend more time with someone but that in reality it just doesn't work out, perhaps you only should have a few moments with them. The basic gist is that everyone goes away no matter what you give up, or what you do, they still leave, and it still fucken hurts. (i've had some wines) but i'm being honest and i think in life that all you can do is be honest, and if that offends someone then fuck them, at least your being true to yourself.
-Jroc just told me some wisdom, 'Don't be sad that's it's over, be happy that it happened.' just like every good friend i've met, temporary and then they're gone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
Im shocked that the emergency dept of local hospital wasnt called for life threatining surgery. Remeber the last time you got "stigmata" from that dog at the bottlo in Lambton!!!!!!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the funny thing about travelling - especially when your by yourself - you do meet so many people and some you think you will keep in contact with forever and some you know you will never see or hear of again. You tend to get closer and more attached quickly to people you meet travelling - I think maybe because they are the ones sharing your life at that point in time - you don't have family and friends at hand to fall back on - it often seems to be a more intense friendship. I have cried sometimes when people I have known a week have gone their separate ways - some I thought I would be friends with forever and some I knew I would never see again. The funny thing is as the years have gone on I look at photos and am lucky to remember their names (in a lot of instances I can't) - I might remember what we talked about, where they came from etc but can hardly remember their names. Some people I kept in contact with for a while but over the years we have grown apart and it is really sad when I think about these friends because they were such a big part of my life and my development as a person when I was away but the memories do fade and eventually you will be trying to match names in your diary to your holiday photos to work out who is who.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home