Sunday, November 05, 2006

Shin Dig

for the first proper shing dig i have planned, ever. this was pretty good. Ok step back, my room mates did much of th eplanning and i did much of the drinking, but hey i endorsed it!!! and it was with my emotional support that it went a head. And they did much of the cooking, while still i did much of the dirnking,

The night was a good time, all my american pals got to meet my aussie mates kimbo and bromley and a kiwi friend who stopped by. And everyone got to experience vegemite, I have to say vegemite seems to be a love hate thing, about four people loved it, and about eight hated it, and the rest were too scared to try it. But tim tams went down a treat, i had no idea they were purely australian, but apparently they are, and if the reaction tonight was any indication; the people at arnotts should seriously look at investing in the american market, and the vegemite people... hmmm.. stay in australia.





Itook four photos to create a panarama, this is only the first one, i think there would have been about forty people at one stage maybe more, but i had been drinking heavily, so im not sure








My dorm room, clockwise from left; ivy, kimbo, jrock, toby (kiwi) bromley, neysan













This is our living room














Morris, this is a vision of your future. To run a backwater tire repair shop. You will sleep in the office at night, with the rats that infest the place. And you'll call the big one 'bitey.'Posted by Picasa








Quotes:

"In Kazhakstan we have many hobbies: disco dancing, archery, rape and table tennis..." - Borat

"If you come back with me to my country,(....) I will give you television and remote control..." -Borat

'In America, women can vote but horse cannot! It is the other way around in my country." - Borat




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just caught up on all the blog postings I missed out on while I was in hospital. Glad to see you finally had the Oz party - I hope you explained to everyone that you only put a small amt of vegemite on and a lot of butter (it makes a big difference). All is well here - Brianna is lovely and very settled - she sleeps a lot which is good - I will send you a pic.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah kimbo was saying that i was putting too much vegemite on the bread, i never eat vegemite so ihave no idea, i think i only ever had it once in oz, i thought it was like peanut butter-the more the merrier.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moz, he was DEFINITELY overdoing it on the vegemite! And also, US bread is super sweet so it kind of didn't go well with the vegemite. We got home safe Dan, thanks for a great weekend, we had tons of fun! And I will always keep those all day pain relievers handy for my hangovers.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan
Old Tom THE COAL MINER IS FINALLY LEAVING THE COAL FASE. on the 22 -12-2006 TOM will never see a underground tunnel again.
HE is planning many simple in life things.
Great to see or think some of your friends like vegemite

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home