Saturday, December 02, 2006

random title

i got my bloodtest results, and on paper i'm perfect. Nothing wrong with my organs and no cirhossis of the liver. Instead it's some virus that gets into the stomach glands, which explains the pain in my side and causes fever and flu like symptoms, and pink eye!!. So my convalscence involves no alcohol; but once i'm better i'll be free to shift a few pints through my viscera.

-i was just having a yarn to the guy who lives in the walk in pantry. He sleeps on the couch at night, he is full of stories. So when i go out to the kitchen for a coffee or cook one of my many rice pasta meals, which i eat every day; he regales me with adventures of growing up in england and all the zany stories he says he is going to write about. And then he is always making me watch stuff on youtube.com, just now he showed me mr.bean in the carlot. Truly hilarious.

-im trying to plan my trip after UVa, which i have exactly 14days left- the bastards kick me out on noon the day after my last exam. So i'm thinking of taking an amtrak to Chicago, and hostel it there for a couple of days, then make my way to south dakota and see sioux falls and mount rushmore, then into wyoming and yellow stone national park then maybe salt lake city in Utah so i can chill with the mormons, then across to sanfransisco to spends new years and that is where my flight back down under is from. Then i'll be back in Australia, one of the first things on my list is to drink a few VB's- none of this fosters business. All the ads here go 'Fosters it's Austrlian for beer'- yeah right!!
-American beer is pretty cool. i like miller lite (remember its not light alcohol but like on calories) the beers are more watery, like i heard some german beers are- i have had nothing with that bitter after taste like VB, oh man just typiing this is making my mouth water, seeing as i havent had a beer for quite a while. mmm beer

-i have a class excursion to our own UVa museum situated on campus on monday, i heard it has the biggest aboriginal exhibition in the usa, so that will be interesting. I wonder if it will be just a haux like that restaurant 'Outback Steakhouse.' - I went to one again in DC, and they called koala's - bears!- and they have a world map and its inverted, because they say that aussies centre themselves and put them in the middle up top an deveryone underneath. I thought, no we aren't as arrogant and narcisistic as americans to do such a thing.

-Actually what i learnt about americans while being here, is that the world thinks they are arrogant. But i think they are purely more assertive and less seld depricating(in a humouress sense) than other nations. They are assertive, and i think that translates to other cultures as arrogance, im not talking their foreign policy here, im talking individuals. Class discussions have been more fruitful than at newcastle university because of this.

-but at least my i am Daniel here, i have finally ridded myself of dan, i don't mean this in some metaphorical sense, i just really don't like the name Dan. And everyone calls me Daniel here, its awesome. So if you're reading this, remember i am king Daniel, or just Daniel, but no fucking dan, i hate dan.

-well i will log off, i feel the fever regrouping and i'm becoming delirious,
what does don burke say when he says goodbye, dam i forget, i used to always say it. See im forgetting my austrlianna.
now i call it football, not footy. Afternoon, not arvo. Warren, not wozza. Mcdonalds, not maccas. Flip flops, not thongs. Soda, not soft drink (or cordial, i asked people the other day if they have cordial, and they had no idea what i was saying.)
oh wait its hooroo.
hooroo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home