Saturday, April 21, 2007

Virginia in my mind. Jroc and the gang, the younger apartments, matt, jamie, kelly, gloria....... sadly it's a lifetime ago

It seems that we all love to watch a celebrity fall, and that is verified by tabloid sales. I wonder what it is? I was listening to the beatles earlier, hey jude and let it be, and there is so much wisdom in those songs, that it can't be possible for the creator to be a regular human who goes through a messy divorce. Or even pop celebrities, who appear so perfect, how could they possibly want to shave their head shaved because they are depressed. We have raised them on such a pedestal of how ones life should be.

But, then there are people like Bono, who just seem to care so much about things in life. He wants to help everyone out. He is a person who can see that some people suffer under the hands of others, and he chooses to speak out against that, even though people might get tired of his humanitarian work or whatever, just like angelina jolie, perhaps it's only a luxury you find when you have enough wealth not to think about bills? or perhaps they are kind people, who can't handle the suffering in the world.

And it's more than i can say for myself, in Bono's shoes, i can see myself buying the best harley davidson and the best ferrari there is. I would buy a whole heap of land to create a rainforest, but i wouldnt go to any lengths like Bono or whoever does. Perhaps it's a factor of youth, jolie didn't do shit 'till she was 30 and same with bono. My point is, that some people seem to care so much for the world, and i really respect that.

I watched Gattaca earlier tonight, one of my favourite movies, and it got me thinking again that art is great, because what it does is; take the insumountable moments in life, and put a frame around them, so we can try to hold on and cherish at least one moment or one emotion, which are bound for nothingness. Because our life extinguishes so quickly, and it's hard to keep track of all the beautiful moments you have. I was thinking back to my usa trip earlier, and all the beautiful people i met, and all the friends i made, and now they are just a few neurons in my brain, never to be re-lived. And it seems to end so freaking quickly, like i thought 7months in the usa would last an eternity, but now that is over and i have been home for four months before i can even scratch myself. It just moves so damn quick, and when we can hear a song or watch a movie or read a book that seems to capture some pure beauty, it seems like life stands still for a second and we can reach out and feel and touch watch isn't normally there for us to touch. But then it also sad, because it ends, Gattaca finished, and the emotions i was feeling, faded after about ten minutes, and normality came back. So, i have reckoned with myself that art gives you an escape, that is really worthwhile, i always knew that, it's just now i have now just realized how temporary everything is, and how the things we aim for come and go before we can appreciate them. I can also see now my many faults, i always saw them, but now i know that they are just who i am, i can work on some parts of myself, but in todays world of self help we are all trying to be the perfect person , the politically correct person, the wise person, all that BS, why cant we realise our limits and move forward. I am shit at aommunicating with my friends, and i can work on myself, but i will probably always be that way, and many others faults i have.. but people today seem so scared to admit they are wrong, they are too perfect to have any defect, i say we should embrace our faults, we can work on certain aspects of our lives, but there are so many things which are just us and we cant do anything to change that so we should feel happy for being that.

Anyway, I just got my motorbike going again. And it has made me remember how free i felt whilst riding. So, i will anounce now --that i am going fo rmy licence, and i will ride around australia when i graduate. And after Jroc visits ozland, and hopefully becomes a citizen. Dude you'll love it!!! Our friendship is gold, because it's based on so many opposites, like i always heard that your soulmate is only someone who challneges you, and i think that our friendship has that, because even after four months away from virginia, i find myself thinking, hmm what would jroc think. You spout some wisdom, that makes me think, in particular your tolerance to other cultures and stuff. Just like Bono.

I love the show american chopper, and i have been painting up my old bike like its a chopper, and i was going to do a before and after shot, but i forgot to take the before pic. So ill just do the after pic, it was a crappy old ag bike , but im giving it a white undercoat and i will paint blue over it and some tape and peel the tape back, to have white pin stripes, like a mustang.


Quotes:
There are no quotes this blog. Only my thoughts of those shot at VT.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be tho sooner than you know, my friend. i'm at a loss to say much else. you say you can't communicate, but out friendship is founded on communication. we're not so different, but then again we are. but i'm not gonna get all nostalgic, because nostalgia means you are reflected on something that has passed, or ended. it's the same reason i didn't say good-bye to you when we last parted. our friendship is not over, not by a longshot. just a little over a year until i begin my conquest od ozzieland... it'll pass faster than you can know. why? because JRoC wills it so!!! see you soon.
peace love unity
J

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home