Tuesday, May 15, 2007

let's ride.....



I got my motorcycle licence last week, and today i pick up my new bike from the dealer. This is a picture of it. It's a v twin 250 yamaha. On my way home from the dealer i'll call into the Gladiators and see if they want me to join. I know i'm about 1200cc's short of power, and it's a jap bike, but the styling is there. And there is a designated bike park area at university which is free to park in. So no more looking for a spot and no more 3buck parking. With the insurance, i was hoping to get the over 25 break next year, but the bar has been raised to 30!! So now you're considered expensive to insure until you're 30! Damn fatcats in sydney. But at least i'll get about 25km per litre, as opposed to 10km per litre in my car. So we should all be riding bikes to save the environment, and save some cash. It's all about the sweet cash.
This bike can do 130km/hr on the highway, so in a year or so, it might be perfect for my around Australia trip, but then again i was just looking at the harley website and for 11 grand you can get an 883 sportster brand spankin' new. And then the Gladiators will be sure to accept me.
Australia's model: In next top model they are down to four girls, and two of them are the the two that i selected right from the start. Anika and Steph H. Although i'm starting to think Jordan has a chance, even though she looks weird, when she is on the catwalk, she really shines. And witling wallflower Alice; she looks like she has just walked out of the forest, spending her days picking daisies and daffodils. A strong southerly would blow her away, but that's what you get when you don't eat anything that casts a shadow. They complain about her lack of energy, someone should shove a half kilo steak down her gullet, a bit of protein would get that girl going. And poor old paloma, i loved it how she has been in the bottom two for the past three weeks, and they kicked her out, and she said. 'I guess they knew i was just too good at everything.'
Quotes:
Krabappel: All right, class, today we'll be sitting quietly in the dark because teacher has a hangover. Ugh -- like a chainsaw in my head!
Nelson: Sweet Hog, Mr. Simpson.
Homer: Remember to rebel against authority, kids!
Skinner: Don't listen to him, children.
Milhouse: But we already did. Now I can't get it out of my head!
[Nelson whaps him with a book]
Krabappel: Thank you, Nelson.
***
Homer: Yeah, that's the life for me, Marge. Cruising and hassling shopkeepers.
Cop: When will you teens learn to be uncool like everyone else?
Jimmy: Never, pops.
Homer: That's right -- never!
Jimmy: You can arrest me, but you'll never defeat the Cobras. Nothing can defeat a motorcycle gang!
Homer: A gang -- that's the answer!
Lisa: Answer to what?
Homer: Hey, don't make me hassle you, Lisa.
***
Homer: Hello, police? Can you send a SWAT team to 742 Evergreen Te --
Wiggum: Forget it, Simpson. Those pig noises you made really hurt my feelings, looking like a pig as I do.
Homer: But you have so much inner beauty.
Wiggum: Well, uh, be that as it may, ah, the gang is wanted in eight other states and we have a little saying around here: Let Michigan handle it.
***
Homer: ... and the bikers saw the hard look in my eye -- you know that hard look I get sometimes -- and they ran away like schoolgirls, with their tails between their legs.
Bart: Way to go, Dad. Hey, where's the food?
Lisa: And why aren't I at school?
Homer: Yeah, someone really dropped the ball here. Marge? Marge?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, Sweet Ride.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i just rode back from the dealer, oh man it was awesome. The bike accelerates really quick. I felt like i was in the classic biking movie 'easy rider' just rolling along the highways free and one with the road.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah... daniel has become a biker boy. did you get the leather vest and chaps do go with? the wildside comes out from time to time i see.
anyhoo, just wanted to drop you a line. my connectivity is somewhat limited at the new house so i don't have messenger set up on my mum's computer, so... i won't be on messenger.
you totally need to post some pics of you and the bike soon.
seriously, it is required in america to own at least one gimp suit made entirely out of leather if you're a biker... please tell me it isn't true down under. see you soon.
peace love unity
J

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home