Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life on Mars

ah, my ridiculously circuitous plan is coming to fruition. I got a letter of acceptance to english honours yesterday, which means my plan to go back to the USA is almost complete. If i get through honours, i'll be able to go to a university in the states for a two year masters. Im thinking one of the southern states again, like University of South Carolina; which was my second choice if i hadn't of gotten into Virginia, and only after being accepted to Virginia did i find out that Virginia was a hard-core accademic school and south carolina was a party school. Although it is tempting to go to a university in massachusetts-boston so i can catch some new england patriot games. Or George Mason near washington DC where Jroc is going for a masters.





This photo was taken by the nasa rover in november. When part of it is magnified it looks like some dude sitting on a rock. Some nerds looking over nasa's photos found the anomoly. He looks totally chilled, sitting on a rock having a smoke , not a care in the world to what the poisonous gases are doing to his lungs, not to mention the fact that mars has no layer to protect it from the sun, this guy is going to get some serious melanoma's and skin cancers. He'll end up like that person on that government ad about skin cancer - i can't believe they play that stuff when kids are watching, the australian government seems to have no qualms about shocking the absolute shit out of it citizens to wear sun block- we haven't had one of those speed ads for a few months, where you see people die, i guess the sun is this months enemy not speed. i remember speakign to some swedish backpackers once, and they were saying that when the speeding crash ad came on, everyone went quiet and then left the room-they said they couldn't believe the australian government could show us that stuff...... back to the photo, its actually only a few feet from the lander, so perhaps there aren't really little smoking men perched on rocks on mars.....
*
*
*
It's sad about Heath Ledger... i can't believe pneumonia and possibly a combo of sleepign pills got him, my neighbour died last friday of pnemonia but he was 84, it just seems like its easy to go, we potter around for a little bit paying bills and then die. On monday a bmw nearly got me on my motorbike. It was crazy, the chick pulled up next to me at the traffic lights, and looked at me so she knew i was there, then the light went green and she burnt off, but so did i, and i guess she thought she burnt off fast enough because after about two hundred metres she just pulled into my lane on top of me, i could see it coming so i didn't even feel an adrenaline rush , i just decelrated and beeped my horn. But if i had of been daydreaming, she would have got me, that's why i constantly ride with the mentality that people are actually trying to kill you, and then im ready and can get out of every situation pretty easy. And that chick in the BMW, oh man she must have thought she was going as fast as michael schumacher to outburn me on my bike, and then just blindly pull into the lane, lol. There will be no chance that anyone will be able to beat me when i get my R6.


*
i just thought id put up this pic, its kind of funny and inspiring




















Quotes:

Stewie: You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that.
*
Stewie: Machiavelli! You've told me nothing I don’t already know! Ah Sun Zhu's The Art of War. Lois: Stewie, those books aren’t for babies. Here. Watch the Teletubbies.
Stewie: How dare you! That book may hold the key to my enslaving of all mankind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home