Monday, January 28, 2008

spare some fuel?

On my way to getting my motorbike serviced today, i pulled on the side of the road to look at a rattle, and as i was putting my helmet back on, a seedy looking guy came scurrying across the road to my side, brandishing a two dollar coin. I thought, oh man whats going on. He came up and goes 'can i have two bucks worth of your fuel' i couldnt believe it. I only have a 9litre tank on my bike and i was close to empty, i hesitated and he goes 'it's ok i've got my own hose and container.' Who keeps their own hose and container!!! anyway i crossed the road and this guy was dirt poor, he had some kids in the back who he said he needed to get to town, and the car wasn't much chop. ANyway, he pulls out his hose and sticks it in my fuel tank and sucks on it till the fuel came out and into an old oil container, i looked into my tank and could see there wasnt much left, and he kept saying 'hold it down a bit lower, i need a better flow,' after a bit i told him i didnt have much fuel left, and he looked into his container and seemed satisfied, so after i told him it was ok, he still insisted on giving me the two bucks. I guess this kind of thing could only happen on the way to cessnock. But i got the whole good samaritan warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone out on the side of the road... i knew those bible classes at grammar school would finally pay off.... The whole thing reminded me of when Principal SKinner told Otto to fuel up the school bus and handed him a hose and said 'here's the credit card,' and he also gave him a mint. And after Otto got the syphon going he says 'damn i shouldn't have eaten the mint first.'

I thought i'd add here, some wise words of the almighty Jroc, King Daniel reins through his providence. lol. He quoted me in his latest blog so i thought i'd give him the same honour, with a 'U' - on waxing lyrical about his friends, Jroc says of me:
'daniel is one of those people you just meet from time to time and it seems like you've just always known them. we're amazingly different people, but we just have one of those organic friendships that seems to grow because of, i spite of, our differences. daniel's that awesome, smart kid you drink with and talk about the world and what it means. he has an infectious laugh that just speaks to the infinite awesomeness that is king daniel the wicked. of course, given my luck, he lives on the other side of the planet, in some marsupial infested hunk of rock where they barely speak intellegible english... here's to you danny boy.'
--
well, here's to you Jroc. I'm off to battle kangaroos, wombats, kookaburras, platypi, and the occasional swooping magpie.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work with the good samaritanism!!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Congrats on the english honours. I hadn't seen that mars man picture before... the truth of scientology will soon be known to all.
2008 has turned out weird for me. I'm changing jobs to become an administrator and have decided this will actually become a career for me. I broke up with my girlfriend and i'm getting a new flatmate.
Too much change.
I like that new britney song as well.
Peace!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jesus, you need to reappear again soon because scientology is taking the wind from your sail. You'll be replaced by Tom Cruise if you don't rally the troops again.

Glyn they say change is as good as a holiday so i'd say you have saved about forty grand on a world trip!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sucked in stooge!!!!!11
The good ol "cessnock scam": After 4-5 'pidgeons' that bloke has a full tank for a measly 10 bucks.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home